CBSE 10th 12th Exam 2024: Students have difficulty with competency based (reasoning ability based) questions. This has come to light in the feedback taken from students regarding preparation of question papers for CBSE 10th and 12th board exams. Students involved in the feedback said that they do not want to ask roundabout questions even if they are related to the subject.
Children said that they are comfortable in case based questions, but have difficulty in competency based and source integrated system questions. More than 40 percent of the children involved in the feedback said that such questions should not be asked in the question paper. However, 30 percent children are comfortable with such questions also.
Experts have sent the feedback received from children to CBSE. CBSE had taken this initiative for the 10th and 12th board examinations so that question papers could be prepared on the basis of feedback from children, removing their difficulties. Expert Dr. Pramod Kumar, who is part of the team formed by CBSE for this, said that for preparing the question paper, a pattern of questions was prepared in different parts, on which feedback was taken from the children. Dr. Kumar said that the report has been taken on the basis of feedback received from children from schools.
– Feedback received from students for CBSE 10th-12th board exam question paper
– More than 40 percent students received feedback not to ask such questions.
– Competency based questions MCQ i.e. Multiple Answer Questions experts Dr. Pramod Kumar and Somesh Bharti told that in the questions based on competency i.e. logical ability, there are questions based on critical thinking. More than 40 percent students have reported difficulty in this.
– Source integrated questions: Children also have difficulty in source based questions on related topics. In this, questions like what is it made of and where did it come from in relation to the chapter or topic.
– Open response questions: About 40 percent of the children have expressed problems in this in their feedback.
– More than 20 percent students reported difficulty in questions having Agression Reasons.
– Children find it comfortable in select response type and constructed response questions with short and very short answers.